March 14, 2015
Women work hard and many continue to give-and-give leaving very little for themselves. Women give to family, children, partners and social activities that are as engaging as a full time job. It is month for women to celebrate their freedom, development and rights. It is also the opening weekend of Cinderella which is said to be women centric so let’s just throw all of that in the mix to say this weekend is a good time for women to celebrate themselves. Many women fail to see themselves a whole beings and hand the best parts of themselves in pieces like hors d’oeuvre on a table where people sample and taste taking mini bites or devouring the whole without thought.
Consider, if you were a bank account as you write checks and do not deposit you become in overdrawn. The same for self. When you do not deposit into yourself you become overdrawn and unable to respond to pending transactions-every new transaction is in a deficit because nothing positive is coming in. Honestly, many women treat their things and pets better than themselves. Women make a deposit today that builds toward a savings. Whatever power you have let seep through use this weekend to get it back. Just like the songs says, “All About That Base” do not judge yourself based on size, hair or what is missing but what you have!
Women celebrate yourselves to find and/or locate your voice and power. You are your own role model and the first inspiration for those your care for. Women celebrate today to:
1. Take a moment to do what you desire that inspires you. You are your own fire. Women are taught that they are 50% of the whole and seek others to fill them up. Women are 100% of the whole and others contribute to the whole.
2. Start what is on the bucket list that you have put off for others. No time like the present to live your goals. You only have one life and to live with regret is a life of loss. If you do not have a bucket list. Write one this weekend.
3. Determine what you need and plan the actions to receive. You may want a raise, time off or have a dream idea- Just Do It!
4. Negotiate your needs the your wants. It is not caring to negotiate below your needs. Be assured that your needs are valuable and when others negotiate those needs away it may be time to renegotiate or find other alliances.
5. Keep your head up when others may doubt your veracity, integrity or value. Women are worthy of respect. You must desire and then demand the respect you are worthy of receiving.
6. Take time to get relaxation. Weekends are great time for health solutions and exercise or spa weekends. This is not a womanly thing but a rejuvenating experience. Rejuvenation is one form of making deposits.
7. Never take “no” when yes is an option. Women can accept no as the end game under the guise of the “big picture”. People or family may suggest that no is good for the whole. The big picture is made up of many smaller pictures. The picture you require may be a part of the picture but maybe not. Choose what is important and understand the weight of the choice.
8. Weekend is a great time to explore your ecosystem, community or world. Go learn something new through exploration. This can be a teachable moment. This may sound silly to say explore. Many never leave a 20 mile radius- sounds funny but consider your daily routines when is the last time your veered off the path to see or experience something new.
Take these 8 steps top build power and not detract. These 8 items are not a recipe for sabotage but arbitrage for being a stronger asset to yourself and others. Women see yourselves as valuable if not you fail to gain the value you seek. It is easy for women to see value in others but that first image to value is the one you see in the mirror and then like what you see. Start today for value missioning life of your women and girl power..