July 13, 2013
Energy Legislation – Production of Energy Legislation is being delivered with potential for signing advancing energy sustainability. The news from Beehive State is the announcement of “Two Utah Bills Sent to the President to be Signed into Law” by U.S. Senator Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) and Representative Jason Chaffetz (UT-3) position bills to be signed into law by President Obama. The bills support the “South Utah Valley Electric Service District (S.25/H.R.251) and Bonneville Unit Clean Hydropower Facilitation (S.26/H.R. 254).” When both points of legislation were introduced to the House they were “passed unanimously”.
The Addressed benefit was provided by KCSG TV delivering the “Bonneville Unit Clean Hydropower Facilitation Act allows for the development of hydroelectric power on the Diamond Fork system of the Central Utah Water Project (CUP). The South Valley Electric Conveyance Act conveys certain federal features of the electric distribution system to the South Utah Valley Electric Service District. The South Utah Valley Electric Service District has operated and managed these facilities for decades and this bill will give them ownership.”
- Utah Rep. says Senate’s immigration bill full of pork, won’t pass House (fox13now.com)
- UVEF Top 25 Under 5 Winners Create 700 Jobs (prweb.com)
- Hatch: ‘I’d Fight to My Death for the Rights of the Minority’ (nationalreview.com)
- Intermountain Wind and Solar is Throwing Their Energy into a New Set of Solar Panels in Utah That Could Cut the Cost of Renewable Energy (prweb.com)
- Bill O’Reilly Calls on Congress to Pass Another Gun Law During Heated Segment (theblaze.com)