Published July 3, 2013
News on zeen architecture is revolutionizing material elements and structure to the concept of design build. The integration of natural resources and materials to architecture is aesthetic and environmentally placed for artistry, environment, green, decarbonization and supporting a natural ecosystem. The beauty of “Simon Velez’s Bamboo Architecture to be Subject of Outdoor Exhibition at Rossinière” is a sustainable pattern of the evolving nature of architecture reflective of old and new pairings to render new thinking on building.
Azo Build reported the work of Simon Velez, bamboo which has “earned an unprecedented recognition. Known for his impressive “church without religion” or yet for his Expo 2000 pavilion in Hanover, the Colombian architect uses the gramineae’s unique properties. This summer his work will be the subject of an exhibition at Rossinière.” His work can be viewed from 30 June 30 to 22 September.
Velez, “bamboo is suitable for different types of architectural experiments that may be either intimate or monumental, urban or rural. Simon Velez has even dared to use it in road structures, with his bamboo footbridge overlooking the Bogota-Medellin highway.”
The work of architects seeking to explore sound principals of design within nature are inroads to change and development that can have impact on urban and rural areas. As cities seek green and sustainable systems to address better solutions to manage resources, reduce emissions, harness new technologies and build structures to support the demand for smarter infrastructures, greener build may be an efficient alternative. Further, this innovation changes and maps a new direction within the supply chain on building, design, material management, carpentry and systems.
- 5 Principles of Sustainable Architecture (greenerideal.com)
- 5 Reasons To Love Sustainable Architecture (huffingtonpost.com)
- National Experts in Architecture and Construction to Explore “Healthy… (prweb.com)
- Green Architecture and the Built Environment (archgreentecture.wordpress.com)
- The Porter School of Environmental Studies highlights sustainable building in Israel (gizmag.com)
- Palacio Itamaraty as example of sustainable architecture (architextsassociation.com)
- Bamboo Flooring To Maintain Excellent Harmony With The Environment (abodetoday.com)