Published June 26, 2013
The role of sustainability is continuous, fluid often considered as a testimony to an accomplishment. The continuous approach to sustainability is the process of assessment, integration, application and starting again. The work of professionals in the field is to clarify the role of sustainability and how it us used will continue, as the masses have not perceived its relevance and importance to systems, operations and environmental development.
The term sustainagility seeks to provide an “operational criteria and indicators of sustainability, tend to focus on ‘persistence’, while change and agility may at a longer time frame contribute more to high-level sustainability goals. When applied to climate change, a sustainagility focus can bridge ‘adaptation’ and ‘mitigation’ approaches,” from Dr. Patrick Dixon.
The role of velocity in sustainability is relevant as target are always moving as changes (economic, environmental, educational, leadership and more) occur. The ability to engage in real time strategy will become adopted as Corporate Sustainability Reports (CSRs) are considered as strategies versus the current methodology of financial reporting.
The work of sustainable professionals will be demanded to support the evolving requirements to understanding business, operations, growth, innovation, globalization, resources, assets and application across the supply chain and within the ecosystem.
- Market Shocks Effect Sustainable Economy (landsdssustainable.com)
- Considering Bourbon in the Overall Economic Supply Chain (landsdssustainable.com)
- Professionalising sustainability practice: the pros and cons (idealworldsmiths.wordpress.com)
- Landscaping A Sustainable Garden (landsdssustainable.com)
- Identifying Sustainability in the Company of Staples (landsdssustainable.com)
- The Berkeley Prize Students Offer Innovation for the New-New (landsdssustainable.com)
- EU Identifying Biofuels Targets (landsdssustainable.com)
- Education Expansion Through Networks (landsdssustainable.com)
- The Common Core and Climate Change Connection for the U.S. (landsdssustainable.com)
- The Top Five Reasons for Valuing Content (landsdssustainable.com)